Network Designer allows the user to create and calculate the surface network both separately, and in a fully coupled way together with the subsurface model. Network Designer is integrated with PVT Designer, VFP Designer, Model Designer, Geology Designer and Simulator.
- Create and edit a surface network. Standard Elements Library is available containing: well, injector, source, link, pipe, joint, pump, choke, compressor, 2-phase and 3-phase separators, sink. Objects that specify upper/lower limits of phase rates and pressure for wells and groups of wells are available: automatic chokes, automatic pumps, limits.
- Steady-state calculation of the surface network to model flow, pressure & temperature under boundary conditions
- Control of network correctness: detection of network’s parts, where a flow is absent, before running calculation; detection inconsistency of heights of pipe end-points at pipe joints; control of sufficiency of the number of boundary conditions (pressure, mass flow rate); control of setting equipment characteristics required for calculations.
- Integration with PVT Designer provides unified fluid properties. PVT models: black-oil, compositional and temperature effects.
- Integration with VFP Designer provides VFP and IPR tables. Hydrostatic and dynamic pressure losses calculations: different correlations, temperature effects; Burial configuration effects.
- Integration with Model Designer. When importing a model into the Model Designer a Network Designer project will be automatically created and available for further editing.
- Integration with Simulator. Fully implicit coupling surface with subsurface and wells is provided.
- Various tools to analyze and visualize results in graphical interface are available: Bubble maps, Contribution charts etc.
- Unified Graphical user interface (GUI) provides a synchronized visualization for integrated modelling.
- All the calculations are accelerated with parallel algorithms run on all available cores of the hardware.
Integration. At each time step a fully coupled calculation of subsurface (reservoir) with the surface network taking account well constraints is provided by full integration of Network Designer, PVT Designer, VFP Designer and Simulator.