Geology Designer allows the user to build a static model from scratch.
- Load and edit interpreted seismic surfaces, well trajectories, logs and well picks, facies properties, rock properties, petrophysical information, point sets and other objects. Formats exported from some legacy third-party tools can be loaded to Geology Designer.
- 2D and 3D seismic: import of SEG-Y format in time or depth, creation and visualisation of in-lines, cross-lines and time-slices. Seismic interpretation: time/depth law import. Display of wells, well logs and markers on the Seismic tab (2D).
- Synthetics: calculation to create a synthetic velocity curve, synthetic acoustic impedance, reflection coefficient and interval velocity curves to compare with the seismic data.
- Seismic attributes computation: coherence, instantaneous frequency, amplitude, phase.
- Support for coordinate reference systems by country or EPSG codes.
- 2D and 3D visualisation, histograms, crossplots, vertical proportion curves.
- Well correlation window allows the user to work with many wells at the same time. Automatic and manual well correlation is capable of handling hundreds of wells at the same time. Ability to work with several ghost curves at the same time.
- Faults: loading faults in standard formats, faults creation via polygons, fault editing, build a 3D grid with faults.
- Structural modelling, local grid editing.
- Facies analysis, variograms, property interpolation: least-squares, inverse distance weighing (IDW), kriging, co-kriging, Gaussian simulation (SGS) and multi-point statistic simulation.
- Fluid-in-place in 2D and 3D.
- Calculator to work with all project objects.
- Python based workflows.
- All of the calculations are accelerated with parallel algorithms run on all available cores of the hardware.
Integration. The combination of modules Geology Designer, Model Designer, PVT Designer, VFP Designer, Simulator (black oil, compositional or thermal), Assisted History Matching and Uncertainty provides the capability to create static and dynamic models in one graphical interface, run simulations, analyse results and carry out assisted history matching and uncertainty analysis.
Combined with the Assisted History Matching & Uncertainty package, the Geology Designer allows the user to capture static uncertainties with full ranges and distributions, offering the ability to carry out a sensitivity and uncertainty analysis on your geological grid, without the need to build a full hydrodynamic model.