Rock Flow Dynamics releases the next update of the tNavigator software package. Version 20.3 is now available to users. Updates and improvements affected the tNavigator kernel, AHM and Uncertainty module, Geology and Model Designer, PVT Designer, Well and Network Designer.
Version 20.3 is already the second release, which was developed and tested by RFD specialists remotely.
The key new features are:
- In simulation kernel:
- The following options are now supported in full GPU mode: polymers with viscosity dependent on velocity or shear rate, decomposition of tracers and polymers, non-volatile residual oil SOR, RP scaling by table etc.
- For IM format, interpolation of relative permeabilities dependent on pressure or the concentration of the dissolved or adsorbed polymer is available; the oil + water + polymer model type may be used; for ST format, interpolation of RP between groups is available.
- Permeability drop over time is now available for hydraulic fractures.
- For fractures modeled by virtual perforations, a simplified way to specify XYZ fractures by table is available.
- In the Assisted History Matching and Uncertainty module, quantiles P10, P50, P90 may be created for grid properties.
- In Geology and Model Designers:
- The import of models in RESQML format is available.
- The transfer of workflows between projects is available; a tool for comparing well lists in different projects and loading selected wells into the current project may be used.
- In Geology Designer:
- The first implementation of seismic well tie is available.
- New interpolation algorithms are available – Amazonas 3D, Global B-spline interpolation.
- Volumetrics calculations may be performed within a license boundary polygon.
- In Model Designer:
- Cumulative distribution function (CDF), Proxy, Quantiles graphs are now available.
- Loaded RFT/PLT data may be visualized in the Well Section.
- A new well may be created interactively even if the project has no grid; a well may be added via a cross-section, a horizon or other objects. The Undo button may now be used in the process of well creation.
- A Python script library is now available to modify the SCHEDULE section.
- A well group may be created for each well pad in the well placement editor.
- A dynamic model may be dumped to disc during calculation; the calculation of the dynamic model may be continued when the function of dumping the model to disk is turned on.
- A restart model may now be imported for the user to view results and edit the model.
- In Well Designer, matching of calculated VFP correlations with available samples is carried out with consideration of the depth at which the samples were measured and which is specified in the Samples tab.
- In Network Designer the number of functions available in the workflow has been significantly increased.
- In PVT Designer the number of functions available in the workflow has been significantly increased.
A full list of improvements can be downloaded from the link.