Every quarter Rock Flow Dynamics shares our latest releases in which we bring to life wishes of our clients and create tools to help engineers and geologists deal with workplace challenges that they face all over the world.
Further improvements were implemented in tNavigator 20.2, which is now available for users to download. One interesting thing about it is that, unlike all the previous, this release was completely made by employees worked from homes.
The key new features of tNavigator 20.2 are:
- tNavigator kernel:
- Calculation of compositional (isothermal) models with AIM is now supported in full GPU mode.
- In case of insufficient GPU memory the full GPU mode automatically falls back to the modes where GPU is used for linear solver alone or not used at all.
- Assisted History Matching and Uncertainty:
- The Artificial Intelligence optimization algorithm has a new settings allowing to evaluate the quality of model variants predicted by neural network.
- Geology Designer:
- The creation of grid for geomechanics modeling is now available.
- Uncertainty analysis of fault position is available.
- Geosteering window is updated: drilling wells on a 3D model is implemented with automatic update of the model during drilling.
- Geology and Model Designers:
- Debug mode for Workflow.
- Tags in Object tree: filtering, grouping by tag.
- Model Designer:
- Reservoir Coupling (coupling via MASTER and SLAVE).
- A case may be added to the job queue for calculation via right mouse click, then calculation status is displayed in the Cases tree.
- PVT Designer:
- New operations are added to workflow.
- Well Designer:
- Well profile may be visualized in vertical 2D view.
- Network Designer:
- Pipe coordinates are automatically detected when a pipe is created based on the surface map.
- New module:
- A new module is available: Fracture Simulator.
A full list of improvements can be downloaded from the link.