The position involves two main functions:
- Pre-sales Demos, Evaluations, and Trade Show Support
- Post-sales Technical Account Management Support
The employee will be expected to demonstrate and develop the professional and personal skills required to undertake these functions as outlined below.
The sales support role is a technical role promoting RFD to new and existing clients. The role can be split into pre and post sales support. Pre-sales involves support for the New Business Development staff. Post-sales involves support for the Account Management staff.
- Install evaluation copies of tNavigator at client and prospective client sites and provide initial training to get started
- Demonstrate the software to small groups of individuals at sales meetings.
- Answer telephone, email, and written support questions related to the use of Rock Flow Dynamics (RFD) software applications.
- Conduct specialized training classes in tNavigator workflows.
- Provide active technical support to prospective clients during software evaluations. This will include site visits with 1-on-1 support to evaluators.
- Provide feedback related to the progress of a sale and factors influencing a sale to RFD sales staff, and generally be pro-active in the closing of sales or identification of revenue opportunities.
- Represent RFD at trade shows.
- Organize and deliver Lunch and Learns at client sites on specific topics.
- Provide onsite consulting where required and build up the consulting services component of RFD.
Testing and software development
- Make suggestions and contribute in a positive manner to discussions on the evolution of RFD applications, with particular emphasis on presenting a petroleum industry view of the business role of the system.
- Provide direction as to how RFD applications should be tailored for the market.
- From time to time, RFD will supply copies of beta releases. The Employee is expected to test the new applications and provide feed-back to the Moscow office on any problems that have been encountered; become familiar with the new features in the new release; and be able to discuss future enhancements with existing clients.
- BSc in Petroleum Engineering or Reservoir Engineering
- Have minimum of 3 years’ experience in working in reservoir simulation
- Fluent in reservoir engineering skills especially reservoir modelling and simulation
- Experience with Eclipse and CMG simulation suite
- Experience training clients and/or peers in a technical manner
- Demonstrated ability to communicate professionally in a pre-sales support role
- Leadership and team skills
If you are interested in this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org